NOTE: The International Bladder Cancer Update will be in October 2020.
The International Prostate Cancer Update (IPCU), is a multi-day, CME-accredited conference focused on prostate cancer treatment updates. IPCU 31 will feature lectures, interactive discussions, panel roundtable, debates, and case reports. This conference is led by expert physicians and is designed for urologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and other healthcare professionals involved in the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer.
The goal of this educational program is to equip healthcare professionals involved in the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer with the up-to-date clinical knowledge and tools they need to best treat their patients. The program will discuss the treatment of prostate cancer from diagnosis to treating advanced and metastatic disease. The conference aims to give physicians exposure to a comprehensive review of treating prostate cancer patients and to give them a chance to discuss the issues with peers and experts.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the experiences of both urologists and oncologists in various practice settings to improve patient outcomes by integrating a team approach to treatment.
- Evaluate and summarize newly-approved therapies for advanced prostate cancer.
- Discuss treatment options for localized prostate cancer.
- Investigate strategies to improve and integrate nutrition, exercise, and counseling on adverse effects into the management of prostate cancer to improve the quality of life and psychological well-being of the patients.
- Discuss the role of the urinary microbiome in relation to prostate cancer.